Officially

Officially
Officially....Mr. & Mrs. LeBlanc

Tutorial on how I make my Name Blocks

I've done a million sets of these name blocks. Ok, well, maybe not a million, but it sure felt like it before christmas. I've had a lot of questions on how I get my papers to be so smooth when I mod podge. I am the. mod. podge. queen. I love this stuff! I buy the 2x3 wood from Home Depot, and then cut various lengths from 4' - 7". I sand them, and then paint whatever color I'm going to be using for that set of blocks.


I choose my papers and cut them to fit just a tad bit smaller than blocks, as you can see in the picture below.














I then place a thin and even coat of mod podge over the entire surface of the block.











I line up the paper, and start smoothing it from the center out. Once I've done that a couple of times, I run my fingers around the edges of the paper. I find it sometimes lifts up a bit, so this makes the edges lay super flat!









I always wait a minimum of 15 minutes before I do anything else to the blocks.









Now it's time to put the lettering on! I center the vinyl, and peel the transfer tape off.








I put another coat of mod podge over the lettering AND the entire block. I use the gloss because I like the subtle shine it gives to the entire look of these blocks.










And voila! Here is the final look...they are quite adorbable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bloody brilliant! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I have a set of letters all cut out and ready except for the sizing all looks the same. I am having trouble with getting the sizes to be different and look decent!!! Can you please help?

Mandi said...

Hi! I would love to help you out. I'll message you tomorrow as it's getting a bit later for me. Talk soon!

Followers

Popular Posts