Officially

Officially
Officially....Mr. & Mrs. LeBlanc

Chalkboard Crossword Art

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I love this time of year. I live in Moncton, NB, and the colors of the leaves right now are so beautiful. I took a panoramic of my front yard...well, part of it. We have the cutest little green house, called the "Libra House". I didn't name it, but it suited me well because I am a Libra. So, the name stuck. Isn't the view beautiful? I love it.







I've been working on a lot of projects lately. I turned this frame into a big chalkboard. I should have taken a picture of the before. It was quite the looker. It was an ugly brown frame and had a hideous vase of flowers. I'm sure in it's own time it was beautiful. Because I've been painting walls, I had a can of primer, so I gave it a good coat. I then used a satin white paint over that. I took a chance and bought a small jar of chalkboard paint from walmart. It was only $8, give or take a bit, and I was really impressed with how it turned out. Because the print was a canvas like texture, I put a coat of primer on it as well. It took about 3 coats of chalkboard paint to get a good coverage. I let it 'cure' for a day, and then I took my piece of chalk, turned it sideways, and colored the entire surface. I've had a few sayings on it since it was finished. It's great for birthdays, holidays, and for those inspiring quotes that I love to collect. I always give credit where credit is deserved. I found the idea at newlywoodwards.com. You can find the link HERE.


No comments:

Followers

Popular Posts